At Social TrendSpotter, we aim to share relevant content on our favorite topics and trends to achieve our mission to inspire, to encourage, to educate and – ultimately – to create a better sector. Like all organizations in the social sector, we must adapt to better serve our audience. In the blogosphere in 2014, that means adding visual multimedia platforms to our offerings on Social TrendSpotter.
Consider these stunning statistics:
- Videos are shared 1,200 percent more than links and text posts combined.
- Videos on landing pages increase average page conversion rates by 86 percent.
- Visuals are processed 60,000x faster in the brain than text.
That is why we are excited to launch a series of TED-style talks, which will be called “Social TrendSpots,” on our favorite topics and trends. Our first Social TrendSpot was filmed at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas’ recent “Investing in What Works” event on April 21, 2014.
In this talk, I share our recent thinking on some of our favorite trends, including:
- Innovation vs. Impact and Scale
- Nonprofits vs. Change Agents
- Passion vs. Passion + Discipline
- Failure vs. Rapid Learning
- Niceness vs. Progress
We’d love feedback on this video, and we’d also love your suggestions on topics you’d like to see featured in future TrendSpots. We hope you enjoy this upgrade to our offerings.